What it offers you
Platinum Optimum Account
If you need an offshore account for regular transactions, then our Platinum Optimum Account may be right for you. This is a flexible, interest-bearing demand account with the optional benefit of a Visa Debit card.
What does it offer me?
- Available in sterling, US dollars, Australian dollars and Euro.
- Interest is calculated on the daily cleared balance and added quarterly, either to the same account or to a separate income account if required.
- Statements are sent to you quarterly, or you can access them on Internet banking
- You can arrange to pay other accounts or third parties through Internet banking at reduced costs
- The minimum balance requirement is £3 000, US$5 000, AU$5 000 or €5 000
- No cost for opening an account.
An offshore account with Standard Bank opens the door to a comprehensive and flexible range of banking services and products, including:
- Fixed-term deposit accounts
- Offshore Money Market Call accounts
- Expatriate savings accounts.
Offshore Visa Debit card
Wherever you are in the world, an Offshore Visa Debit card can be used to pay for goods and services in any currency, without the need to carry large amounts of cash or travellers cheques. Your card is linked to your Platinum Optimum account in sterling, US dollars, Australian dollars or euro. It can also be used to draw cash at ATMs and over the counter at banks displaying the Visa sign.
The card has pre-set spending limits and other security features.