Optimum ContractSave is an affordable, disciplined savings plan that can be tailored to suit your specific needs. It is ideal if you want to save for a deposit on a house, your children’s education, or to top-up your retirement savings.A compulsory, monthly standing order is needed to fund your account. This ensures that you save regularly over a pre-selected period– without giving in to the temptation to spend your savings!With Optimum ContractSave you decide how much you can afford to save and for how long. The minimum amount is M1 500.00 if the investment is for a year or two years. For three years the minimum investment amount is M2 500.00. It is a bank deposit so there is practically no capital risk, no complicated contracts to sign and no fees or commissions are charged.
What it offers you
- You can choose the period that you want to save for
- You earn competitive interest rates
- Interest increases each year, so the longer you save the more interest you can earn
- You can make additional deposits whenever you want to
- No fees are charged on your account
- You will not be charged a debit order fee if your monthly payment is from a Standard Lesotho Bank account
- Interest is calculated daily and paid into your Optimum ContractSave account every month
- The minimum savings period is one year (12 debit orders) and the maximum is three years. You decide what savings period and maturity date suits you
- You do not have to withdraw the funds from your Optimum ContractSave account as we will transfer the funds straight to your transactional account
- You are allowed to open more than one Optimum ContractSave account if you want to save separately for different goals or open an account for your children.
What you need to apply
Visit your nearest branch with the following documents:
- You must be over 18
- Nationally accepted and valid identification: passport, National Identification or driver’s licence
- A payslip that is not older than two months
- Address details shown on a current utility bill, for example, electricity or water account, which must be less than two months old
- Your residence or work permit if you are not a Lesotho citizen.