A call deposit is an interest-bearing account into which funds can be deposited and drawn on demand. Funds are transferred electronically to an accounts held in the same name. Third-party payments are not allowed. Interest rates change daily in line with market forces. Interest is calculated on your daily balance and paid every month.
What does it offer me?
- There is no defined investment period. This means that funds may be invested indefinitely
- No maximum balance
- Interest rates are variable and any changes are effective immediately
- Funds are available on demand
- Interest may also be paid to a Standard Bank third-party account subject to terms and conditions
- You can link to your main transactional account through Internet banking or nBOL
- Loan facilities may be granted against pledge of funds in your call deposit account.
What do I need to apply?
Speak to your Business Banker or Relationship Manager.